Porini Rhino Camp – Ol Pejeta
Porini Rhino Camp is a luxury tented camp located within the Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Kenya. The conservancy is situated in the Laikipia region, about 200 kilometers from Nairobi, and is home to a wide range of wildlife, including the endangered black and white rhinoceros. Porini Rhino Camp is in a secluded valley, on the banks of a seasonal river and under the shade of acacia trees.
The camp consists of just seven spacious and comfortable guest tents, each having been carefully sited to take advantage of the wonderful surrounding views. The camp is designed to have a minimal impact on the environment, with solar-powered lighting and hot water, and all waste is disposed of responsibly. Each tent is tastefully furnished and has solar-power lighting and en-suite hot shower and flush toilet.
Activities at Porini Rhino Camp include game drives, guided walks, and visits to the conservancy's chimpanzee sanctuary. Visitors can also go on night drives, which provide a chance to see some of the nocturnal animals that inhabit the area.
One of the main attractions of the Ol Pejeta Conservancy is its rhino population, which is the largest in East Africa. Visitors to Porini Rhino Camp have the opportunity to see both black and white rhinos, as well as a variety of other wildlife, such as lions, elephants, and giraffes.
The camp is fully inclusive of meals, drinks (gin & tonics, beer, wine, sodas and mineral water) as well as day and night shared game drives, escorted walks, sundowners, a visit to Baraka the Black Rhino & Information centre and a visit to the Chimpanzee Sanctuary. The Conservancy ensures excellent game-viewing and game drives – with “proper” open-sided, off-road (4×4) safari vehicles and expert safari guides.
Porini Rhino Camp Ol Pejeta Location
Ol Pejeta conservancy has a large area of over 60,000 acres reserved exclusively for 4×4 vehicles and this is where our Porini Rhino Camp is located. The conservancy has over 10000 large mammals and is the only park where the big 5 and chimpanzees can be seen. It is the largest sanctuary in East Africa for the endangered Black Rhino and is also a sanctuary for rescued chimpanzees. There are southern white rhinos, about 80 endangered black rhinos and in a special sanctuary there are three of the world’s last remaining northern white rhino.
Getting to Porini Rhino Camp Nanyuki
There is an airstrip for private charters about 10 minutes from camp. Regular scheduled flights arrive at the Nanyuki airstrip which is about 45 minutes drive from the conservancy.
GPS CO-ORDINATES: N 00deg 05.897’, E 036deg 76.541′
CLIMATE: The climate is warm and temperate. The average annual temperature in Nanyuki is 16.2 °C.
Ready to book your holiday at Porini Rhino Camp – Ol Pejeta ? Contact us for the best rates.
- Easily accessible by road or air.
- Picturesque serene location.
- The perfect experience for adventurers!
- Great Dining options local cuisine and international cuisine.
- Explore enjoy outdoor activities and sightseeing.
- 5* Hospitality
What are the 2023 Prices for Porini Rhino Camp – Ol Pejeta?
Here are Porini Rhino Camp – Ol Pejeta Resident Rates:
What Does PPS Mean? PPS (Per Person Sharing) means cost Per Adult when sharing the Room with another. Example KES 10,000/- PPS means, 2 Adults in 1 Room pay KES 20,000/-
Porini Rhino Camp – Ol Pejeta Rates
|2023 Rates||Full Board Special
||FB + Ground Package
|5th Jan 2023 – 31st Mar 2023||KES 19,300/- PP||KES 23,300/- PP||KES 24,150/- PPS||KES 28,150/- PP|
|1st Apr 2023 – 6th Apr 2023||KES 15,040/- PP||KES 19,040/- PP||KES 19,300/- PPS||KES 23,300/- PP|
|7th Apr 2023 – 10th Apr 2023||KES 16,540/- PP||KES 21,040/- PP||KES 20,800/- PPS||KES 25,300/- PP|
|11th Apr 2023 – 15th Jun 2023||KES 15,040/- PP||KES 19,040/- PP||KES 19,300/- PPS||KES 23,300/- PP|
|16th Jun 2023 – 31st Oct 2023||KES 26,680/- PP||KES 33,680/- PP||KES 31,530/- PPS||KES 38,530/- PP|
|1st Nov 2023 – 15th Dec 2023||KES 19,300/- PP||KES 23,300/- PP||KES 24,150/- PPS||KES 28,150/- PP|
|16th Dec 2023 – 23rd Dec 2023||KES 26,680/- PP||KES 33,680/- PP||KES 31,530/- PPS||KES 38,530/- PP|
|24th Dec 2023 – 26th Dec 2023||KES 29,180/- PP||KES 36,180/- PP||KES 34,030/- PPS||KES 41,030/- PP|
|27th Dec 2023 – 30th Dec 2023||KES 26,680/- PP||KES 33,680/- PP||KES 31,530/- PPS||KES 38,530/- PP|
|31st Dec 2023 – 1st Jan 2024||KES 29,180/- PP||KES 36,180/- PP||KES 34,030/- PPS||KES 41,030/- PP|
Ol Pejeta Porini Rhino Camp Rates/Prices are in KES, Per Person (Full Board), Per Night
Rates Exclude: Ol Pejeta Conservancy Fees, Drinks and other Extras
Ol Pejeta Porini Rhino Camp Full Board Rates cover:
Full Board Accommodation (Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast)
Drinks (Mineral Water, Soft Drinks, House wines, Tusker, Gin, Vodka)
Ol Pejeta Porini Rhino Camp Ground Package Rates cover:
Full Board Accommodation (Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast)
Drinks (mineral water, soft drinks, house wines, beer, Gin and Tonic)
Sundowners from scenic viewpoints,
Guided nature walks,
Shared day and night game drives in open 4×4 vehicles with experienced driver guide and spotter,
A visit to the chimpanzee sanctuary in the Ol Pejeta conservancy
For guests flying in: local airstrip transfers to the camps
Ol Pejeta Porini Rhino Camp Child Policy:
Age limit: 8 years
Children (8 – 16 yrs), Sharing with 2 Adults: 60% of PPS per Child
Children (8 – 16 yrs), Sharing with 1 Adult: Adult pays Single Rate and Child 60% of PPS
Children (8 – 16 yrs), in own Room: 75% of PPS per Child
What Hotel Facilities are available at Porini Rhino Camp – Ol Pejeta?
Porini Rhino Camp offers a range of other amenities and services to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay for its guests. These include:
- Dining area - There is a spacious dining area where guests can enjoy their meals. The meals are prepared by the camp's chefs using fresh and locally sourced ingredients.
- Lounge area - There is a comfortable lounge area where guests can relax and socialize with other visitors. The lounge is furnished with comfortable sofas and chairs.
- Bar - There is a well-stocked bar that offers a variety of drinks, including beer, wine, spirits, and soft drinks. Guests can enjoy a refreshing drink while taking in the beautiful views of the surrounding wilderness.
- Campfire - There is a campfire area where guests can gather in the evenings to share stories and enjoy the starry night sky.
- Guided activities - The camp offers a range of guided activities, including game drives, guided walks, and visits to the chimpanzee sanctuary.
- Wi-Fi - While there are no electrical outlets in the tents, the camp offers Wi-Fi in the common areas.
- Solar energy powers the lights in the tent and throughout the camp.
- There are no electrical outlets in the guest tents and all battery charging is done in the manager`s office.
- The tents do not require mosquito nets around the beds as the tents are insect proof with screen windows and a zipped up door.
- Insect repellant towelettes are provided in the tents Fire and safety equipment are strategically placed in the camp.
- Laundry can be done upon request.
The facilities at Porini Rhino Camp are designed to provide a comfortable and eco-friendly safari experience, while still allowing guests to enjoy the natural beauty and wildlife of Ol Pejeta Conservancy.
What Activities are available at Porini Rhino Camp – Ol Pejeta?
Porini Rhino Camp offers a range of activities for guests to enjoy during their stay. These activities are designed to provide a unique safari experience while ensuring minimal impact on the environment. Some of the activities that guests can participate in include:
- Game drives - Guests can go on guided game drives in 4x4 vehicles with experienced guides who know the area well. These drives offer a chance to see a variety of wildlife, including the endangered black and white rhinoceros, lions, leopards, elephants, and giraffes.
- Guided walks - Guests can go on guided walks with a trained guide who will provide insight into the local flora and fauna. These walks provide an opportunity to see animals up close and to learn about their behavior and habitat.
- Night drives - Guests can go on night drives, which provide a chance to see some of the nocturnal animals that inhabit the area. This includes predators such as lions, hyenas, and leopards, as well as smaller animals like genets and bush babies.
- Visits to the chimpanzee sanctuary - The Ol Pejeta Conservancy is home to a chimpanzee sanctuary that houses over 40 rescued chimpanzees. Guests can visit the sanctuary and learn about the conservation efforts being made to protect these intelligent primates.
- Rhino tracking - Guests can participate in a rhino tracking activity, which involves following the tracks of rhinos on foot with a trained guide. This is an exciting and educational experience that provides insight into the behavior and habits of these endangered animals.
- Cultural visits - Guests can visit local Maasai villages to learn about their culture and way of life. This includes traditional dances, a visit to a local school, and the opportunity to interact with members of the community.
What are the Foods & Drinks options at Porini Rhino Camp – Ol Pejeta?
Porini Rhino Camp offers fully-inclusive meal plan that caters for all meals, drinks (gin & tonics, wine, beer, sodas and mineral water). Ice cold drinks are available upon request. Premium drinks are also available at an additional cost. The meals are crafted to complement the authenticity of the safari experience.
All meals are served on a set menu basis, with warming hearty breakfast in the morning, light invigorating lunches and dinners served in the mess tent, at least during one of your two or more night stay here you will enjoy a picnic lunch in a scenic setting depending on the weather. The camp caters for all dietary requirements; guests with special or specific dietary requirements are requested to advice the camp upon booking confirmation.
Which Rooms Types are in Porini Rhino Camp – Ol Pejeta?
Porini Rhino Camp Rooms
NUMBER OF ROOMS: Porini Rhino Camp has just seven guest tents.
ROOM DÉCOR:The tents are very spacious and have private verandas along the length of the tent, providing a secluded and private ‘space’ for you to relax and enjoy the beauty of this African wilderness. The seven tents are comfortable with thick, soft rugs laid on the vinyl floors. These are traditionally themed safari canvas tents large, bright (three of the four walls are entirely made of mosquito screen) and comfortably functional – perfect for people who want a tented camp experience without frills. The beds are comfortable and wrapped in cosy blankets and soft towels.
ROOM AMENITIES: Each tent contains a double /twin and single bed with bedside tables, torch, gas and kerosene lanterns, wardrobe for hanging your clothes, luggage rack, en-suite toilet with bucket walk-in shower and wash basin sink, writing desk with lamp, carpets of sheep skin rugs on the floor LED lighting, Chairs and table on veranda for relaxing. Hot water bottles in each bed keep you warm on chilly nights.